There is no right or wrong answer with this, just merely lots of opinions. And I am comfortable with that fact. My opinion is that new homes have great benefits for investors:
- They are new so maintenance is minimal in the first few years
- They are healthier, drier, and warmer due to the latest in materials
- They must be double glazed at the very least
- Usually, with good property management, they attract good quality tenants
- At the moment the tax benefits are better
- Borrowing from the banks only needs 20% minimum deposit as opposed to 35% for existing homes.
So, as I say, this is only my opinion, and for the record we have both in our portfolio.
Call me if you want to talk property.