A red flag should flap vigorously in your head when some of these things happen when you’re buying a rental.
- If it feels wrong it usually is. Trust your gut instinct because it’s normally right.
- Don’t succumb to FOMO – Fear of Missing Out, because this will make you dismiss red flags.
- Check for an unusual past, for example, it’s been the subject of past Police activity. Neighbours will tell you this.
- Check for unpermitted work.
- Is the property by a river and will it flood?
- Does the property fit the surrounding houses or does it look out of place?
A friendly chat with me may save you some heartache.