- Smokers are 6 times more likely to suffer a heart attack than non smokers
- Cancer is the leading cause of death insurance claims in New Zealand, equal to 29.8%
- In 2008, one in 18 adults and one in 59 children used a private hospital
- In 2011 Stroke was the third largest cause of death
- 10% of stroke deaths occur to people under 65
- 40 strokes a year in New Zealand are suffered by children
So maybe you should think about protecting your loved ones.
Info courtesy of Partners Life, Ministry of Health, Stroke Foundation.